Timothy VanNormanTitle: Instructional Technologist
Department: Technology Services - Main
Division: Technology Services
Since January 2018, I am the Instructional Technologist here at Irvine Valley College (IVC). I have worked at IVC since February 2016 in the Information Technologies Department, working with students, faculty and staff to handle technical questions.
If you are a student, faculty or staff of IVC and have technical questions regarding Canvas or any of the software or services provided at IVC, please contact IVC Technical Support at 949-451-5696. If you are staff or faculty, you can email IVC Technical Support at email@example.com.
I teach the following classes related to Canvas.
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Setting up a Course
- Measuring Course Effectiveness
- Interacting with your Students
- Faculty Web Pages
To sign up for one of these classes, please go to https://training.ivc.edu and click on Workshops.
These are some important links to be aware of:
- www.ivc.edu - IVC Home Page - Links to many of the services you will need as student, faculty or staff
- inside.ivc.edu - Inside IVC Home Page - Links to resources utilized by faculty and staff
- tech.ivc.edu - Technology Support Home Page - Links to help you help yourself. How to solve many of the issues that our Technology Support Desk answers every day
- training.ivc.edu - Technology Training Page - Links for faculty and staff to find training and other information the Technology Services Department has found to be useful
- support.socccd.eduLinks to an external site. - KACE Ticket System - Allows faculty and staff to enter trouble tickets
- services.ivc.edu - Administrative Application System - Access for faculty and staff to enter many types of requests such as Duplicating, Resources, PD, Opt-Out Systems and many other systems